How and conditions for importing vegetables from Turkey in 2023
The vegetable trade in Turkey has been witnessing a great deal of activity in recent years, due to the high quality of vegetable products, and the availability of factors that guarantee the safe shipment of these products outside the country, so Turkey was able in a short period to occupy the first ranks at the global level, in terms of exporting vegetables to many countries of the world.
Table Of Contents
- Is Turkey an ideal country to import vegetables from?
- Ways and steps to import vegetables from Turkey
Is Turkey an ideal country to import vegetables from?
It is known that vegetables are one of the most important foodstuffs that fill the markets in Turkey, especially with the presence of multiple factors that encourage the import of vegetables from Turkey, including:
- The large geographical area that the Turkish map extends over.
- Increasing the area of agricultural land in Turkey for 31% of the land area in the country.
- The multiplicity of geographical regions that are distributed in Turkey.
- The climatic diversity that characterizes the Turkish agricultural areas, which is suitable for different types of crops.
- The climatic diversity in Turkey has resulted in the availability of all kinds of vegetables and fruits throughout the year.
- The presence of the necessary soil that helps the growth of agricultural crops of all kinds.
- The abundance of water springs and the abundance of groundwater.
- Ease of laws governing investment in agricultural land in Turkey.
- The state encourages farmers to establish agricultural projects.
- The strategic location of Turkey and close to the Arab countries.
- Relying on greenhouses to grow vegetables.
What are the best types of vegetables that can be imported from Turkey?
According to information issued by the data of the Association of Mediterranean Exporters (AKİB), the exports of fresh fruits and vegetables, which provided 2,259 million and 749 thousand dollars in foreign currency inflows in 2019, reached 2,730 million and 157 thousand dollars in 2020, an increase of nearly 21%.
Last year, 1.79 million and 827 thousand dollars of fruits were exported, 699 million 492 thousand dollars of vegetables, 933 million and 150 thousand dollars of citrus products, and 17,451 thousand dollars of tea.
The most exported products of fresh fruits and vegetables were tangerines, tomatoes, lemons, cherries and grapes, respectively. The five products concerned constituted 51 percent of the total general exports, and the foreign exchange income from that amounted to one billion and 407 million and 115 thousand dollars.
In evaluating exports by product groups, tangerines were the most exported fruit with 437 million and 696 thousand dollars, while tomatoes were the most exported with 313 million and 377 thousand dollars.
In this context, Necdet Sen, head of the Mediterranean Fruit and Vegetable Exporters Association, said: “Turkey has the seventh largest agricultural economy in the world, with agricultural revenues of $52 billion.
Mr. Sen explained that the production of fruits and vegetables across the country is increasing every year, and said that this increase also reflects positively on export developments.
An overview of vegetable prices in Turkey (wholesale)
The prices of vegetables in the Turkish market witness fluctuations from time to time. It is noticeable that there is a discrepancy in the list of wholesale vegetable prices in Turkey according to a number of factors that affect price fluctuations, such as:
- The economic situation in the market.
- Inflation rate and the consequent increase in wholesale product prices.
- Local prices fluctuate according to the economic conditions of the country.
- Concerns related to climatic conditions and geographic regions.
- Seasonal factors such as market access and export of crop supplies.
Ways and steps to import vegetables from Turkey
We are working at Tebadul company to provide the necessary support in the field of export of vegetables from Turkey by taking the following steps:
- Determine the best suppliers and manufacturers, and choose the best resources in Turkey, which is known for its vastness and many choices.
- Arranging everything related to negotiations for the best price and arranging receipt of goods.
- Carrying out packaging operations in a manner that ensures the safe arrival of the products to the importer.
- Customs clearance and freight at the hands of specialized experts in this field.
- Use one of the available shipping methods that suit the type of product, and ensure its safe arrival in the importing country.
Conditions for importing vegetables from Turkey
In order to complete the process of importing vegetables from Turkey, the importer must comply with some procedures, and secure the following documents for export:
- Certificate of Origin approved by the Turkish Chamber of Commerce, which shows the origin of the goods subject to export.
- A health certificate stating whether the product complies with sanitary conditions or not.
- Phytosanitary certificate issued by the competent authorities.
- The existence of a commercial invoice certified by the authority responsible for trade in Turkey.
- The bill of lading is the document that shows the goods have been received by the shipping companies.
- Follow international standards of the Commission for Phytosanitary Measures (CPM) that allow countries to place requirements on imported goods.
- Conformity of shipments of vegetables and fruits to the provisions of the agricultural quarantine system of importing countries.
Tebadul company services regarding importing vegetables from Turkey
The process of shipping foodstuffs related to vegetables from Turkey to all over the world is a delicate process and requires a great deal of experience in import procedures.
Therefore, Tebadul International Trading Company provides this service with all types of shipping, refrigerated, dry and frozen, within a precise sequence for all stages of transport and shipping in coordination with the factory, with the provision of transport trucks necessary to preserve these products.
Among the services provided by the exchange in importing vegetables from Turkey are the following:
- Having multiple options of safe and fast shipments.
- Securing the best products of the highest possible quality based on the client's request.
- Providing customs clearance service upon export.
- Speed of completion, receipt and delivery within an accurate schedule.
- The safety of the arrival of the required products and ensuring that they are delivered in the required form.
- Precise packaging services for foodstuffs of all kinds.
Edited by Tebadul Company©
Reference: Anadolu Agency
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.
Get Best Services By Register With Tebadul